jeudi 13 avril 2017

Throwback Thursday, looking at early quilts…



© Maryline Collioud-Robert, "Disparition", 1980, 160/160 cm
This is one of my first creation, I had only made two or three traditional quilts before that. I had such a hard time finding enough fabrics to make a gradation... Nobody had heard about patchwork or quilts at that ancient time in Switzerland, and there were no patchwork fabrics anywhere. I ran all over the area to buy fabrics to suit my idea!!

Voici une de mes premières créations, je n'avais fait que deux ou trois quilts traditionnel avant ça. J'avais eu tant de mal à trouver assez de tissus pour faire un dégradé... Personne ou presque n'avait entendu parlé de patchwork  ou de quilt à cette époque ancienne en Suisse, et il n'existait pas de tissus patchwork où que ce soit. J'ai parcouru toute la région pour acheter des tissus qui convenaient à mon idée!!


Enregistrer un commentaire

On Instagram

© Mary & Patch. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.