jeudi 10 octobre 2013

Log Cabin Pot Holder




 I'm making room in my studio, and turning ancient workshop examples into pot holders. Today it's curved Log Cabin!

Je fais de la place dans mon atelier et je transforme d'antiques exemples de cours en maniques. (Pattes à marmite, comme on dit dans notre région Romande!) Aujourd'hui, c'est Log Cabin courbe!


More pot holder tutorials and pictures / Encore des maniques et des tutos:



12 commentaires

  1. Just quickly scanning my Feedley and this image popped right off the screen!!! These are gorgeous!!! I love them so much, Maryline. But all those curves. No way would i ever even attempt these. But boy are they fabulous eye candy.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Oh, my goodness, what a beautiful idea! I love the shape of these. Actually, the curves are fairly gentle, so they wouldn't be too hard to machine piece, right?

    Also, as always, you are a genius.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. The Log Cabin blocks were examples of a workshop I used to give on all the different Log Cabins possible. The curved Log Cabin is made with bias stripes, and can be directly sewn on a thick fleece (melton?) if you draw a few guide line. I can show how to anyone interested!
    And thanks for the nice comments!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Merci pour votre commentaire, Mary. Je me demandais effectivement comment faire ... Avec du biais, c'est bcp plus facile ! Très joli et original.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Your work is great! Inspiring! I invite you to visit my blog where you will find my quilts! Thanks for sharing http://quiltsdemerce.blogspot.com.ar

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. These are gorgeous! I love all the differnet shades of blue :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Bonjour,

    Je connais tout un tas de Log Cabin différents pas en forme de courbe, où puis-je trouver une documentation sur celui-ci ? Une réponse en français m'obligerai car je ne pratique pas l'anglais. Avec tous mes remerciements pour votre réponse.Bonne journée.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Bonjour Maryse! Pas de documentation sur cette technique. Il faut dessiner le motif sur l'arrière et travailler avec des biais...

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. I love these! Is there a pattern or a tutuorial. I would love to make some for my kitchen

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. No tutorial, but I get so many requests, I could make one, I'll think about it!

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. They can withstand heat up to 600°F. The pads on the fingers and the center help users to get a good grip on the pot holder or oven tray. These pads are made from silicone and are quite pliable.

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. what a great and beautiful idea.you are very creative.

    RépondreSupprimer

On Instagram

© Mary & Patch. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.